If you’ve got an iPhone or Android device that you use with a Wii remote when gaming, this quick hack will give you the third hand you need to manage all of that hardware for just a few dollars in parts. . A small square pad sticks onto the back of any device and mates with a base. He cut off the unnecessary parts of the base and glued it to the back of the wheel.
Step 1: Mod your Android device to use WiiMote with iPhone or with Android (method below).
Step 2: Find a cheap Wii Remote steering wheel and insert the phone into the universal mounting bracket.
Step 3: MacGyver an universal mounting bracket or something
How to connect WiiMote with Android
- Install Wiimote Controller and Run it with Bluetooth turned ON.
- Enable “WiiControllerIME”. This is only needed once right after installation
- tap the first button and at the same time put your Wii remote in discovery mode by pressing “1” and “2” simultaneously
- wait for the “Connected” message to appear. The first LED will turn on on the Wii remote
- back in WiimoteController tap the second button and select WiiControllerIME. done. The Wii remote is connected. Go enjoy!
- to disconnect a single Wii remote, hold the power button on it
- don’t forget to set your favorite IME back or you won’t be able to type (or check Preferences to find an option to do that automatically)