Thanks to the openness involved, you get to access the Android file system without root or an modifications. However, there is no official Android File Manager / File Explorer.
There are plenty to choose from, I can give you Top 10, but it makes no sense at all. Lets talk about the Best Android File managers, Explorers.
MIUI File Explorer
Yes, the popular File Manager, MIUI File Explorer, is now ported to other ROMs, and works with almost any Android ROM. MIUI File explorer provides an easy to use user interface that makes accessing docs, videos, music way more accessible.
In addition to being compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich, it even supports file management elevated permissions. You no longer need root-explorer, this app does that for you, free of cost. The application requires Android 2.2 or greater, root access is optional.
Note: Video below only showcases only basic features, there’s more
You can do almost anything you can imagine, and can easily exceed expectation. It supports even advanced features like
- User friendly UI
- Quick access to Docs, Music, Videos, and more
- mass renaming,
- Zip & unzip
- Change file permissions, easily
- Cut, copy, paste, move files
- Open as a different file type.
- many more.
- FTP to servers, PCs
ES File Explorer
ES File explorer has been around for a long while, and it has been lonely at the top of the charts until MIUI invaded the area.
ES file explorer has the most widest feature set, lets go over them:
- File Manager — Operate files(Copy, Paste, Cut/Move, Create, Delete and Rename, Share/Send) in the phone and computers
- Multiselect files
- Application manager — Manage apps(Install, Uninstall, Backup, Shortcuts, Category)
- Compress and Decompress ZIP files, Unpack RAR files, can create encrypted (AES 256 bit) ZIP files
- View Different file formats, photos, docs, videos anywhere, support third party applications such as Document To Go to open document files
- Thumbnails for APK,images, and with an inbuilt image browser
- Text viewers and editors
- Search files
- Access your Home PC, via WIFI with SMB
- FTP client
- Cloud support: Dropbox, Box.net, Sugarsync, it’s an enhanced cloud storage client other than the official version. It can save photos and videos to your net drive and share your photos and docs, easily edit docs in your account.
- Bluetooth file transfer tool and many others.
Download from Google Play