You love home Entertainment? I know HD is your first and last choice. Let it be TV channels or Movies over your HDTV, you expect goo experience from all of them
Why Spend on an expensive Sony/Toshiba Blu-Ray Player, when you can customize and build a better Multimedia Home theater that is better on features and more expandable than the ones in Market.
I’ve written lots of guides till date. Clubbing them all together will help you build a powerful Completely Customized HD Blu-Ray Compatible HT for compelte entertainment needs.
Here’s what you can do:
2. Get a decent external/internal sound card- some Creative X-Fi, like the one reviewed here.
3. Buy good home Audio system and connect it to the sound card (choose 5.1 or 7.1) over Analog or digital – Choice has to be based on Quality of A/D converters of your Audio system vs. Sound card. Choices for Audio system here are limitless. I Recommend Klipsch 5.1 ProMedia, Logitech Z5500 if you look for low-end or may be some Bose/Harman Kardon/JVC/Denon/Apeion for High-end. This one is totally upto you, the kind of sound you are addicted to. Here are lots of other options.
4. Buy a good LCD HDTV. Guide –Things you should look for in your HDTV — Expert Buyer’s Guide.
5. Even the best HDTV can fail to produce the best picture. You must optimize it for best viewing Experience – Optimize your HDTV for Best Picture – Tips n Tricks.
6. If you Prefer a HD Projector for the Bigger picture, checkout How to Build HD Projector for cheap.
7. Design and Build your Home Theater – Guide: Setting up Expert Home Theater system for cheap.
Why Build Custome HT when you get ready-made good ones? Here’s why-
Benefits of Building Custom HT Setups:
– Its’ Cheaper – Half the Cost
– Unified and Feature-full – Since you use PC, you can Play just any File format from a lame old avi to MKV. It’s inherently Easier to organize and integrate with your Music, Photos, Video, Movies collection.
– More customized – It’s more Customized to your choice. You get to choose your favourite sound, Picture and design of the Room.
– Get unlimited Space – When you buy an external Blu-Ray writer for PC, each BluRay dvd gives you 50GB of space. You can buy BluRay dvd in $3.50. So, there’s lot of scope for getting cheaper/GB of space.