Security and privacy is important. But most gadgets available int he market let you achieve this at couples of hundreds of Dollars. Not every one can afford it.
So here is a DIY Tutorial which doesn’t even need any special hardware.
Most notebooks come with WebCams or most people have it separately plugged-in via USB. If you don’t have it, not a big deal, they cost around $10-40.
We will use a free software accompanying your cam that will together make a Fool Proof motion detection system.
Highlight cam is a free software you can register online and start monitoring immediately and make your PC a security system and act as a silent security guard for your office, Home or any other space.
* Motion alert notifications sent via Email
* Off-site backup in case the intruder takes the computer
How to Setup:
It’s damn easy. Follow the link and Register and plugin your camera and then you’ll be asked to take a still recording of your workspace/environment you intend to monitor with no movement. It tries to adapt and learn the environment.
Then you can set the software to begin recording when motion is detected. There you go, you not only detect motion, you capture it too.
It has a premium service too. Checkout the plans here.
– In Yawcam, you can set automatic FTP uploading, emailing, or just saving captured images to your hard drive. You can even set a schedule for when Yawcam is enabled to capture images so your security camera isn’t constantly snapping pics while you’re sitting in front of your computer.
– Another good one is Digi Watcher. This one has large number of features, yet, free.
– Also, You can try Motion Detector. It’s limited on features though.
Some people like Yawcam better than others, try your flavor 😉