Basically, the Fitbit fitness tracker is made for working out and Apple Watch does this and much more. Both have distinct uses however both do pretty well at many things.
As both the products have their own set of similarities and dissimilarities it is entirely upto you based on your individual expectations from these band genres. Fitbit Surge is seasoned to go along with your fitness routines and covers ll the fitness related aspects of your life pretty well. Apple watch on the other hand is smartwatch which also has the capacity to bowl you over with fitness related data. In short, Apple Watch is for the masses and Firbit only caters to the fitness freaks. We outline some major differentiating points:
- The Apple watch is upto 50 Meter water resistant meaning you can take it for a swim without second thoughts. Fitbit Surge can only protect itself from splashes, sweat and rain.
- Fitbit Surge primarily only focuses on health related stuff so is relatively cheaper than the Apple Watch.
- Apple Watch Series 2 comes with several interchangeable bands and Nike special edition option. Fitbit Surge does not give you interchangeable band option.
- The Surge does offer a better battery life (~7 days unless using GPS which gives 10 hours). The Apple Watch advertises 18 hour battery life.
- Goes without saying that the Apple Watch syncs only with an Apple iPhone or iPad. Fitbit Surge works with iPhone as well as an Android device.
- Since Surge is only a fitness tracker, it does not have any additional auxiliary features. The Apple Watch, however, has a microphone and a speaker. It also has some amount of internal storage.