By now you must a be a Big fan of Google Now with Voice search. Well, in the past, we showed you how to install Google Now on android, but there were caveats voice search didn’t work back then. But now things have been resolved, Google Now works fully on any Android version.
The Google Now works with AOSP-based ICS ROMs, and only on rooted Android device.You must follow the process carefully, in order for you to get Google Now working fully on Android ICS.
Basically, this is a workaround. You install Voice search app that send the Text to Google Now. This is done coz Voice search cannot be ported from Jellybean to ICS.
Update: Newer Guide: Install Google Now w/ Offline Voice Search on Android [Easy]
How To Install Google Now with Voice Search on ICS Android
- Download and install Voice Search for Google Now! After install, don’t run the app just yet.
- With a Root permissions File manager (ES file manager for example), navigate to system/app folder and rename the GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to something else.
- Download the Velvet-thes0o-5.apk file and rename the downloaded file toGoogleQuickSearchBox.apk and move to /system/app/
- Set the file permissions to RW-R-R and Reboot.
- On Boot, Open Voice search app and hit the mic icon on the dedicated Google Search widget and select Voice Search for Google Now from the dropdown, to launch Voice Search
- Speak into the mic, wait while it processes and passes on the Text to Google Now, and in a moment, it should get everything to work. You would see the response for your query and related cards.
Now you should have all the greatest features of Google now from Jellybean Android 4.1 on your ICS phone. Among the features, you get everything: smart cards, automatic search suggestions, search history, notification bar alerts for smart cards, Knowledge Graph and weather, traffic, appointment, travels, flights, public transits, places, sports and notification settings.
Update: Users have reported, “Network error, try again …”. If you get such errors, probably you’re having trouble signing in. In such cases try this APK instead.
In-case you face any trouble, checkout official xda forum post.