Remember the Cloud music sync for Android demoed at Google I/O 2010 by Vic Gundotra? The same music sync capabilities have now been hacked into Gingerbread phones.
How to Enable Cloud Music Sync on Android Phone
- Remove the stock Music app from your android phone/device. (Use adb command: “adb remove com.google.android.music”)
- Replace the app with one from Honeycomb: Honeycomb music app apk. Update: Download New Android Music Player
- Install the app accepting all permissions.
- Go to settings > Account and Sync > Music settings are available. Music Sync starts automatically. Make sure you have enough space in SD card.
- Go to the “Jumper Test” that comes along with the Music app. Start the peer under the Controls tab, run a test under the Logs tab, it should show you music files synced.
- Go back to the music app > settings and enable “Stream Music” and all your music would start to show up!
- Enjoy the music anywhere, anytime.