The hacker of the iPhone App store has come with a solution for Mac App store, and claims that they don’t encourage piracy but they hate a model where a user cannot try before buy. There should be app testing bracket before buying.
Why Mac App Store sucks:
- You’ll have to Re-purchase many of your apps
- No trials, no demos, no beta versions
- Heavily restricted, controlled Apps.
- Many apps would not be available on App Store, thanks to their policies (VLC media player included)
- No System-related apps: Apps have no “root” permissions, whatsoever.
- No downloaders: No ftp, http downloaders or even browsers. WTF?
- Not many open source apps: Mac App Store violates GPL, most open source would never make it to app store.
Do you still need another reason ?
Disclaimer: This method doesn’t encourage Piracy. Try the apps, buy them if you like them, support the developers OR one day you wouls stop getting good apps.
Warning: The illegal app sharing violates the copyright and Apple App Store rules.
How to Crack / Pirate Mac App Store
- Install the latest Snow Leopard update (10.6.6) from system updates.
- Log in the new App Store (from your dock) and download Twitter (free app)
- Now go to Applications folder, locate Twitter, right click, Show Package Contents, navigate to Contents folder and copy _CodeSignature, _MASReceipt and CodeResources.\
- Download Angry Birds ( http://bit.ly/gy9wzk ) and run the dmg file.
- Now drag Angry Birds into the Applications folder. Right click, Show Package Contents, navigate to Contents folder and delete _CodeSignature, _MASReceipt and CodeResources. Now paste in the files you copied from the Twitter.app in step 3.
- Complete, now your Mac App Store is cracked. You can enjoy Angry birds and other .app file from the new Mac App store which you can find online.