iControlPad had been teasing us since long now, but finally we get to see the finished product which supports both iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad) & Android devices.
Originally, they planned to support just iPhone with a connector but later it was modified to work over bluetooth, making it compatible with almost any Smartphone out there over Bluetooth HID profile that works as a Joypad on un-jailbroken iPhone and Unrooted Android, of course.
The flash chip inside means that the firmware for the iControlPad can be upgraded and new features added as the years go on. The built-in 1350mAh battery powers the controller but can also connect to your phone directly and boost its battery life.
Best of all, iControlPad can play iCade games straight from the App Store without jailbreaking or it will run emulator software so you can play your favorite classics from various Emulators on Cydia. Android users will find hundreds of compatible apps in the Market.
- Fully functional Bluetooth gaming controller for smartphones (but you can also use it with computers, tablets, and consoles – anything with Bluetooth!)
- Compatible with almost every Bluetooth enabled smartphone
- Hundreds of Android apps work with the iControlPad using Bluez IME, an input handling program. Also, games that support BT Gamepads or Keyboards and let you map keys will work out of the box with iControlPad.
- Dual analog nubs, digital D-Pad, 6 face buttons, 2 rear buttons
- Emulator software compatible with jailbroken iOS devices or Android/WebOS devices:
- SNES9x EX
- PCE.emu (PC-Engine, Arcade like console)
- NGP.emu (NeoGeo Pocket)
- Universal holder attaches securely to almost any phone. The following models have been tested and definitely fit in the iControlPad:
- iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S
- iPod Touch 1st, 2nd/3rd, 4th Gen
- Blackberry Torch
- Galaxy2, Galaxy 2S
- HTC Magic / MyTouch 3G
- HTC Desire HD
- LG Ally
- LG Optimus S
- Nexus One
- Nokia N8
- Zii Egg
- Motorola Backflip
Watch it in action:
iControlPad with Android Phones
iControlPad with iPhone 4
iControlPad with Android Tablet with HDMI TV-out
How it works with ANY Smartphone, Tablet: iControlPad Universal Holder
Its worth buying at $75, if you’re a gamer.