The king of Droids,Galaxy S3 has been receiving great traction from the developer community. A Large number of ROMs and mods are already at the disposal.
The ClockworkMod Touch Recovery is now official and has been repacked by mskip into a tar file do that it can be easily flashed via Odin or Mobile Odin. This makes rooting and flashing zips way more easier by making touch working in the CWM recovery.
SGS3 supports the CWM 220.127.116.11. The procedure is simple, you will have to flash the recovery zip via Odin on windows.
Pre-requisite: Rooted Galaxy S3.
How to Install CWM Touch recovery on SGS3:
- Enter Download mode on your S3. You can do so by pressing the Volume down key + Home key + Power button.
- Run Odin, and make sure everything else other than Auto Reboot is unchecked.
- Hit the PDA button and browse to the recovery (tar), that you downloaded earlier, and select it.
- Connect the device to the PC via USB cable and you should see a connected green indicator ont he screen. Hit start button and recovery would be flashed within matter of seconds.
- Once done, let the phone reboot, while it does so, hold down Volume Up + Home key + Power button, and release the power button as soon as the device displays the boot logo. You will enter the recovery mode. This assures CWM recovery installed successfully.