Apple yesterday released iPhone OS 3.1.2, primarily targeting to fix several issues introduced by iPhone 3.1 update. The most important ones being problems with waking from sleep, weak network signals/network disruptions, and crashes during video streaming.
A corresponding update is also available for the iPod touch.
As per Apple:
This update contains bug fixes and improvements, including the following:
– Resolves sporadic issue that may cause iPhone to not wake from sleep
– Resolves intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular network services until restart
– Fixes bug that could cause occasional crash during video streaming
Apple introduced iPhone OS 3.1 almost exactly one month ago. This had been among the fastest updates from Apple on iPhone potentially they heard customer’s voice faster this time. iPhone 3.1 was buggy though brought some new features Genius recommendation for apps, Genius Mixes for music and purchasing of pre-cut ringtones.
The Jailbreak isn’t out yet from Dev Team, the previous iPhone 3.1 Jailbreak will not work for 3.1.2 update.
iPhone Dev Team has posted the updates about the latest iPhone firmware 3.1.2.
- PwnageTool and redsn0w are not yet compatible with 3.1.2
- There is no estimated release time for compatible tools (please don’t bug us about this).
- Any information we have regarding this update will be posted here.
GeoHot’s Blackra1n works quiet well on the 3.1.2 firmware that Apple has just released!
It has already tested the tool on its iPhone firmware 3.1.2 update 3GS original and was able to run the Jailbreak. Blackra1n still has trouble with the iPod Touch 3G so you probably will not be released by today but it is a matter of few days and not worry.
GeoHot said that you can upgrade your iPhone (3G and 3GS) in the original firmware 3.1.2 and later you can run with her Jailbreak Tool. However it is still not 100% sure so our call is to avoid risks and stupid to wait a bit. It still not perfet, will be stable very soon and we would then publish the Tutorial.