However, the stock Android is dull, unpolished & perhaps, the last thing power users would stick with. Android community is fully based on Rooted devices that offers 100s of mods.
Something was missing — we never had iPhone UI (iOS UI) on Android. Apple builds great UI, and there’s no second thought about it, that’s why few chinese developers started working on a ROM called MIUI (xda dev) that actually inherits lots of iPhone UI features including the latest iOS 4 features like drag n drop folders, animations, effects, unlimited homescreens and much more.
Video Walthrough of MIUI features (scroll down for more)
Most of the features are identical to Cyanogenmod 6.1, FroYo Miui 0.11.19 Stock Features:
- New awsome UI that mimicks iPhone’s animations, effects
- New Settings.apk with Options for near all New Features
- Switchers: Wifi,Bluetooth,GPS,Sync,CPU,Lock,Flightmode,Reboot Option in the Taskbar
- Apps2ext (in Options)
- 720p Video Recording
- FM Radio
- New Lockscreen with Animated Musik Player inside
- Propeller view of all your Homescreens.
- iPhone like Home icons.
- Add infinite number of homescreens.
- Overclocked to 1.13 Ghz (using setCPU)
- Trackball Wake (in Options)
- Trackball Colors (Settings/Sounds & MMS/Settings)
- Battery Percentage (in Options)
- Backup Apps & System Function
- Fast as Hell (faster than cyanogenmod)
How to get iPhone iOS UI on Android
This guide is essentially for Nexus One but shoudl work on all hTC devices with minor modifications. you can checkout HTC desire guide here.
Rooted users: Skip steps 1 to 3 if you already use a custom ROM.
New Users: Refer to Cyanogenmod wiki for details of Steps 1 to 3.
Warning: This will wipe your phone.
- Root your Android.
- Unlock your bootloader: Boot into bootloader mode by holding down the trackball while turning the phone on. You should see a white screen with three skating androids. Connect the Nexus One (or another equivalent HTC device) to the computer via USB. open terminal and run: fastboot oem unlock.
- Install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager (from market) or Amon_RA’s recovery image.
- Download the MIUI ROM and copy it to your SD card.
- Boot into clockwork Revcovery and update with zip. The recovery process should begin, reboot when finished.
- You should boot into MIUI without trouble.
- Post-installation, change the Timezone in the preinstalled Time Zone Changer app to your country.
- . Set up the Locale app for your Region in settings.
- (optional) upgrade the FM radio app Download.
Get Apps2sd fully working by running these commands from PC via adb:
– adb root (needed in some cases)
– adb shell (“su” in Terminal Emulator)
– a2sd check
– a2sd reinstall
– a2sd zipalign
– a2sd cachesd