Sn0wbreeze jailbreak is also tethered for all devices, which means you will have to boot into a jailbroken state every time you reboot your device.
Note: There’s no Unlock for iOS 4.3 yet if you update. If your iPhone relies on it, Use Sn0wbreeze to restore to iOS 4.3 to retain unlock.
Sn0wbreeze helps you in Creating Custom iOS 4.3 Firmware On Windows. For Jailbreaking iOS 4.3 on Mac, use Pwnage Tool in a similar Fashion.
- Download and install iTunes 10.2.1 for Windows.
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.3 for Windows.
- Download iOS 4.3 iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3 iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
1: Run Sn0wbreeze, click right arrow to proceed. On next page, browse & select the firmware .ipsw.
2. Let sn0wbreeze identify the selected IPSW file. When done, click the next arrow.
3. Now select the “Expert Mode”, followed by “Build IPSW” option to start creating your custom firmware.
Note: If your iPhone relies on a unlock, proceed only by selecting “Baseband Preservation Mode” option instead of “Expert Mode”.
4. Wait till you get the “Done!” message. Next follow onscreen instructions to enter DFU mode.
Restore iOS 4.3 Custom Firmware Using iTunes. Press and hold Left “Shift” button on the keyboard and then click on “Restore” button in iTunes and then release this button and select the custom firmware you just built.
5: Now sit back and enjoy as iTunes does the rest for you.
Booting in Tethered Jailbreak Mode
There is no untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3 yet, we will have to boot it into a tethered jailbroken state. To do this, we will make use of a utility on Windows named “iBooty” as shown in the steps below.
6: Run iBooty for Windows and select your iOS device from the dropdown menu.
Note: iBooty is extracted to the desktop (iBooty-for-4.3) after running Sn0wbreeze 2.3.
7: Now hit the “Start” button and follow the instructions on screen to enter your device in DFU mode.
8: iBooty will do its thing once you are in DFU mode. and your iDevice will be booted in a jailbroken tethered mode. Enjoy!