Apple seeded iPhone 3GS iOS , and hours after it, pwnag to Jailbreak iOS 4 was released.
Procedure is very easy, you have to add two bundle files to the DevTeam’s pwnage tool for Mac, that will enable support for custom firmware 4 beta Creation.
- The bundles included in this release are not official because they were not issued by the DevTeam.
- You must be on already pwned 4.0 Beta / 3.1.3 / lower.
- Use this guide on your own risk, i am not responsible for any damage (if any). The procedure mentioned below is tested by me and it works.
- Instructions to add custom bundles data.tar
- Pwnage Tool 3.1.5 [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]
- iPhone 3GS iOS 4 GM Bundle
How to Jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS
Step 1. Right-click the Mouse on PwnageTool and click on “Show Package Contents”. Then enter “Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles”.
Step 2. Move the “iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_bundle.zip” to the FirmwareBundles directory and close it.
Instructions to Update Cydia in pwnage tool
Step 1. Move pwnage tool.app to desktop and Place data.tar in “PwnageTool.app/Contents/Resources/CustomPackages/CydiaInstaller.bundle/files/”
Step 2. Open terminal and execute these commands:
tar xpvf data.tar
Step 3. Launch PwnageTool and build custom Firmware as usual. and resotre it to the iPhone. You can get help from our previous PwnageTool guide.
Now you’ve a jailbroken the latest iOS 4 GM while preserving their baseband.