The new version of Sn0wbreeze for windows helps Jailbreak iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPod Touch 2G iOS 4.1 . Further, to Unlock your iPhone 3G, 3GS, use Ultrasn0w.
If you are on iPhone 3GS, you should match one of the requirements below:
- iPhone 3GS 3.0/3.0.1 Redsn0wed
- iPhone 3GS 3.0/3.0.1/3.1/3.1.2/ iOS 4 GM Pwned (Sn0wbeeze / Pwnage)
- iPhone 3GS Old bootrom 3.1.3 Spirit : First install Spirit2Pwn from http://repo.woowiz.net.
- iPhone 3GS Old bootrom 4.0.1 jailbreakme : First install Spirit2Pwn fromhttp://repo.woowiz.net.
- Sn0wbreeze V 2 Download
- . NET Framework 3.5 Download
- iOS 4.1 for iPhone 3G Download
- iOS 4.1 for iPhone 3GS Download
Guide: Jailbreak iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPod Touch 2g on iOS 4.1
Step 1. Launch Sn0wbreeze in administrator mode and connect your iPhone/ iPod Touch via USB to your PC, press next arrow button to get started. Here you would have option to chose between modes:
- Simple Mode – Which provides step by step instructions as below and automatically detects your correct firmware and adds the unlock and activation and jailbreak with Cydia automatically to your
- Expert Mode – Where you can adjust the settings on the various different additions to the custom firmware – if you click through and do not change anything in expert mode it will make the same.
Step 2. Click browse to locate firmware ipsw and click Open. After selecting the firmware, Snowbreeze will automatically detect the device to jailbreak.
Step 3. Click “General” and Sn0wbreeze asks you if you wish to activate your iPhone.
- If you are using an Official service provider (i.e. AT&T) you do not need to Unlock Baseband, select NO.
- If you are using an Unofficial service provider (i.e. T-Mobile), select YES
Step 4. In next screen check Cydia only.Next up choose packages to be included in your firmware. Choose to have: Repository pre-added
Next, click “Build IPSW” and wait for few minutes.
Step 5. Put your phone in DFU / Recovery mode. DFU recommended. Proceed as below:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Turn iPhone off.
- Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
- Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
- A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.
- If the Restore Logo is present on the screen, you are in Recovery Mode, not DFU.
Step 6. fire iTunes, Shift + Restore and Browse the firmware you just created. Sit back and relax as iTunes completes all procedures for upgrading your iPhone / iPod Touch.
After a successful jailbreak Goto Cydia and use Ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone 3GS by adding repo http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/ to Cydia’s sources.