Jailbreakme Jailbreaks iPad, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 2g, 3G. The JailbreakMe tool has been developed by the respected iPhone dev team. Its worth noting that Jailbreakme uses an exploit that would be fixed by Apple in future releases. so make sure you save SHSH for your iPhone 4 to retain Jailbreak on iOS 4.0.
Quick Facts about JailbreakMe
- Jailbreakme is a browser based jailbreak for all iDevices including iPhone 4 running on iOS 4.0 and 4.0.1
- Jailbreakme does not include an Unlock.
- Your device should already be Activated/Hacktivated.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0.1, 4.0 [JailbreakMe]
Step 1. Browse to www.jailbreakme.com through your iPhone 4’s browser.
Step 2. You should see slide to Unlock like screen “Slide to jailbreak”. Do the needful and wait while your device downloads the data necessary to start with the jailbreak procedure.
Step 3. Once complete, lookout for “Jailbreaking Sit Tight. ”
Step 4. Within few seconds, installation finishes and a new popup will inform you that Cydia icon is added to the Home screen.
That’s all, you are done! Enjoy your Jailbroken iPhone 4.
More Jailbreaking Guides:
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G MC, 2G iOS 4.0.1 [JailbreakMe]
- Jailbreak iOS 4.1 [iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, 2G]
- Jailbreak iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPod Touch 3G iOS 4
- Enable Tethering on iOS 4