We wrote an indepth review of LG Optimus 4XHD, and we were impressed with LG’s work. LG had recovered from design and fundamental flaws they had been struggling with.
With LG Optimus G, LG is all set to lead the Android mobiles with the upto the mark specifications and great deal of improvements. The 2012 Optimus lineup is beautiful, and snappy, unlike anything we’ve seen coming from LG.
Optimus G as per LG are the LTE phones that are “second to none”. Optimus G releases mid-september 2012, and would feature a 2nd generation Quad-core CPU with heavy improvements in the camera department.
LG Optimus G Full Specs
Optimus G features a 2nd generation, improved quad-core CPU from Sanpdragon, which promises faster processing at lower power footprint.
- CPU: Quad-core 1.5Ghz Snapdragon S4 APQ8064
- GPU / Graphics: Adreno 320 GPU (three times faster than Adreno 225)
- Display: 1280×720 IPS LCD 4.7″ 320dpi display with thinner bezel of 3mm only.
- RAM: 2GB DDR RAM
- Camera: 13MP rear, 1.3MP front with HDR, continuos burst of 20 photos
- Network: 3G, 3.5G HSDPA+, 4G LTE
- Battery: 2100mAh
- Wifi: 802.11 ABGN
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Other: Gyroscope, accelerometer, MHL and NFC
- Memory: 32GB
- Dimensions: Ultrathin, 8mm thickness. 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm
- Weight: 145g
- OS: Android 4.0.4 ICS, Jellybean 4.1.x to arrive later.
This phone would get the best of the LG phones seen so far: The brightness of Nova display, LG Chem’s battery that is the first to offer a lifespan of 800 cycles, G2 Touch Hybrid Display unibody tech that eliminates the gap between the glass and the LCD panel.
Other features of the OS, few of them we already saw in Optimus 4xHD:
- Live Zooming allows zooming in and out while viewing a video
- Dual Screen Dual Play, not only allows mirroring between the smartphone and a TV, it also has the ability to display different content on each screen. For example, a slide presentation can be displayed on the TV while the Optimus G shows the accompanying speaking notes
- QMemoTM, first seen in the Optimus Vu:, allows users to write, draw, or jot a memo directly on the captured screen with their finger for sharing instantly with others as an attachment or a URL
- Time Catch Shot allows users to select and save the best shot among the images taken just before the shutter button is depressed;
- Cheese Shutter takes a photo when a voice command is spoken.