There are 100 of better ways to lock your PC than using a password. You can use camera based facial recognition, you can use voice activation and even USB key. While others can be faked and broken easily, USB drive is the most fool proof way.
Predator, an application for windows, locks your system when you are not there, even if your Windows session is still opened. It uses a regular USB flash drive as an access control device.
Simply Download and install Predator, and pair a USB drive with it. With the USB drive plugged in, you can continue to work, but as soon as it is removed, the screen fades and your PC locks, and keyboard/mouse input is disabled. Plug it back in, and normal usage is restored.
- Can be unlocked with a custom password in case USB is lost.
- Alarm is triggered if wrong password is entered.
- All events are logged, you will know if intruders have tried to use your PCs.
- The Security codes recorded on your USB drive are frequently changed. Even if someone clones your USB, you are still safe.
Install And Configure Predator:
- First download Predator from here, install it & launch it
- A window will open to set up password and request for USB flash drive insertion, click OK.
- Now you are on Preference window, configure all settings and create a Key.
- Click OK to save you settings.
Now restart Predator to monitor your system. And you are now secure!