It’s annoying that our Browsers and IMs don’t allow multi-user login. I can cite multiple use cases for this but I guess just no web app provider would allow it, by default.
Well, there’s a simple hack to get over it. For getting Multiple accounts logged in for any Web app, use a Firefox extension called Multifox. The addon will give a clean way of adding a new session in anew “Identity profile”.
“Each Multifox window is flagged with a number indicating the identity profile. Logins made in windows with different numbers are isolated. If you need to access 5 Gmail accounts you will need 5 windows with different identity profiles.
Here are the details of Features it packs up into single addon:
- Logins are preserved the same way they are in “regular” windows. Even if you close the window or quit Firefox.
- The identity profile of each window is preserved when Firefox restores the session.
- New windows inherit the identity profile from the window they were opened from.
- Multifox begins from 2, because it considers 1 the “regular” Firefox identity profile.
Under the hood, it creates a separate workspace as if each was running under independent browser, keeping separate cookies for each.
And here’s tip for GTalk:
- First, create one copy of the Google Talk shortcut on your desktop – leave the original intact.
- Right click on this shortcut and choose Properties. The Target box will show you the path of the EXE for Google Talk – something like “C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe”
- Change this to: “C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe” /nomutex
and hit OK.