No, its not a dual-core processor on smartphone yet, but something very near to that.
Its rumored that Samsung will be unveiling Next Generation Galaxy S smartphone – Galaxy S2 aka Samsung i9200 with some breathtaking Specifications. Its probable that this smartphones would get rebranded and sold under a different name.
If the rumors are to be trusted, this could become the next big thing in smartphones.
Galaxy S2 Specs:
- 1GHz Dual core Hummingbird CPU.
- RAM/ROM: 1GB RAM along with 4GB of ROM. ( both are twice of what we see today)
- Memory: 32GB built-in flash memory. MicroSD card will give additional 32GB, total = 64GB.
- Camera: 8 megapixel camera with full HD (1920×1080) 1080p video recording. This would be among the first ones to do 1080p.
- Display: 4.3″, Resolution: 1280×720 Super AMOLED 2 display
- Connectivity: GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, b/g/n Wi-Fi, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity / ambient light sensors.
- OS: Android 2.3 “Gingerbread”
UPDATE: Galaxy S2 Announced, Detailed Specs here. Its the world’s thinnest phone.
Android’s true potential is yet to be explored, and we would start seeing such devices by early 2011.
ps I hope they integrate a solid 2500mAh battery to support such a beast.