Few high end DSLRs offer you a feature to shoot 360 Panoramic Pictures, the same is now made possible on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS with an called “360 Panorama“, available on the App Store. These Panoramic pictures can later be used as iPhone wallpapers.
360 Panorama has a great set of features like a 360 view grid powered by the iPhone 4’s gyroscope to accurately capture what you’re viewing in real time. To add to the proper lighting, the app has built-in light sensing, to fix over exposures to bright light sources.
When you are done shooting your 360 view image, you can view it live as a 360 view — Just by rotating the phone, the gyroscope will automatically pan the live shot. Once done, youd can share the saved image to most social sites, email it . iPhone 3GS just works, but due to lack of Gyroscope, it would be limited.
360 Panorama features:
- Real-time panorama creation
- Instantly save to the Camera Roll – no waiting for image stitching
- Create full 360 degree panoramas in under 20 seconds
- Fully supports the new high-resolution Retina displays
- iPod touch (4th generation) is now fully supported
As of version 3
- For the first time ever on iPhone/iPod Touch, you can instantly share immersive 360 Views! Anywhere!
- Tweet your panoramas in seconds with new Twitter integration
- Augmented reality (AR) style viewing! Just hold your phone upright to engage (gyroscope required)!
- iPod Touch users: Greatly expanded field of view (FOV)!
- Dynamically adjusts to scene light levels for crisp panoramas even at night
- Better motion tracking on 3GS – no more need to realign, ever!
- Dramatically improved accuracy and more vibrant colors
- GPS location tagging
Download 360 Panorama [iTunes]