If you are looking out to buy a entry level true professional DSLR, hold your purchases.
Although, Canon 5D Mark II is not something Sony is competing here with, but Canon 7D, 60D which attractive attractive today at 18MP, chances are Sony a77 would steal the show by beating those cameras in every segment.
Sony has always given a better bang for the price for dSLRs with its Alpha series. The features and specs you get on Sony alpha a55, for example, would be found on competitors at a much higher cost. No doubt these cameras deliver superb photo quality, it just a misconception, (or call it a fanboy thing) that people tend to call Sony bad in dslrs as compared to Canon & Nikons.
Sony’s upcoming a77 is rumored to be a powerful camera (or call it low-mid professional camera) thats yet affordable. The Alpha-branded a77 camera will use Sony’s translucent mirror tech, the same as you might have come across on the SLT-A33 or SLT-A55 ranges released last year. The sensor will be the newly-developed Exmor APS HD CMOS, a step ahead of NEX, A55 and there’ll be a fast continuous autofocus feature. The plan is to have 12FPS continuos shooting if not less.
It will feature the highest resolution APS-C camera on market. Sony A77 will be released around end of August or September as per the latest rumors, this camera will include such high specification features that current A700 (5DMarkII competitor) owners will be amazed. It will have an improved BIONZ processor (based on the current A33/A55 processor), micro AFadjustment and record 1080/60p/24.
Here is the Sony alpha a77 leaked video uploaded by a random user on youtube.
We can assure you that the video is authentic and posted intentionally to create the buzz. The camera seems to be using Zeiss 125mm lens which is not dust proof.
Sony A77 Full Specs
- 24.3 MP Exmor HD CMOS sensor
- Highest density APS-C sensor ever made.
- 19 points AF sensor with 11 cross sensors
- Micro AF tuning
- ISO 100-16000, with expandable ISO 50 option.
- 1920 x 1080 60p/24p AVCHD 2.0
- P/A/S/M manual controls while recording video
- 1200 zone metering
- Completely new developed Bionz processor
- 12 fps
- 1/8000 shutter speed
- TrueBlack 921k 3-way swivel LCD
- 3 million dot OLED viewfinder (electronic viewfinder)
- Smart teleconverter function with 1.4x and 2.0x option
- Built-in flash
- Built-in GPS
- Battery life with over over 500 shots (in LCD mode.700+ with eVF)
- High quality Magnesium alloy body
- WEather proof: Dust and Moisture proof
- Multi Frame NR (noise reduction)
- SD card (no CF!)