Sony’s seriousness with Gaming is sky high, as it unviels successor of its PSPGo, the portable gaming device. The new poratble gaming console is called Sony NGP aka Next generation Poratble, featuring some high-end specs to satisfy our tastes.
Sony would be targeting portable Gaming under two segments: Casual gamers : Android based Xperia Play phone aka PSP Phone. The hardcore gamers would fall for Sony’s NGP. Sony claimed that PSP2 Graphics as powerful as PS3, seems like its true.
After much rumour and speculation, Sony has unveiled the PSP2, which it has dubbed the NGP.
The Sony NGP endorses a five-inch, 16 million colour 960×544 OLED touchscreen with soem awesome techs underneath
Sony NGP Specs
- Screen: 5″ 16M colors, resolution: 960×544, Technology: OLED touchscreen.
- Camera: Twin cameras
- Audio: Twin speakers and a microphone.
- Input: There are also twin analogue sticks
- CPU: A quad-core processor based on the ARM Cortex A9.
- GPU: SGX543MP4+, quad-core Imagination Technologies PowerVR graphics processor
- Battery: 4-5 hours of gaming.
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, and 3G
- GPS: AGPS, location-aware games via the PlayStation Network
- Memory: Flash memory for storing Games, Media content.
- Sensors: 3axis Gyroscope, 3Axis accelerometer, 3axis compass
- Dimensions: 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm
- Gaming Apps: Available via PSN, also plays Android Games.
The NGP includes a touch-sensitive back so you can control the on-screen action without hiding it behind your fingers. The screen’s multi-touch too. The combination of a touchy front and back is fascinating – Sony talks about it enabling “touch, grab, trace, push and pull hand movements.”
As far as Location based gaming is concerned, an application called Near will let you know if your friends are near you, just like Google Latitude.
Sony calls the PSP2’s shape Super Oval Design, which is one in the eye for anyone who expected mere Ordinary Oval Design. It looks quite like a PSP, we think. It’ll be 13mm longer than the PSP-3000 at 182mm in length – that’s big. Thickness? 18.6mm.
It seems that Sony’s Trophies system from the PlayStation Network will also appear so you can score points wherever you play – even on your Android mobile.
The PSP2 will play Android games; Android will get PlayStation games
The newly announced PS Suite is fascinating: it’ll bring PlayStation games to Android, and casual games from Android to the NGP.
Sony NGP Release date will be late 2011.