We all happen to use multiple computers and hop all the time. Even if you don’t, its not hard to lose track of last session when there are 30+ tabs, and you are about to open more. Google Chrome provides ability to sync bookmarks, form autofills, extensions, themes, preferences, out of the box but there’s no support for saving Tabs from current session.
Its time for your to save your Chrome Tabs, Session and sync to the cloud so that the next time you login to any other machine (or the same machine), you can select and restore the session.
TabCloud is a great extensions that lets you backup & sync all your tabs to the cloud, so that they are available across any number of computers, on demand.
To get started, install the TabCloud extension and simply click the TabCloud icon on the menu, login the first time to see your current open windows and previously saved windows, you can save open windows, or restore saved ones. You can also delete previously saved sessions.
TabCloud also has a Firefox Extension, that works in a similar manner.
Sync Chrome, Firefox Tabs with Android
This is also one of the killer feature of this extension that allows all chrome, firefox tabs to be synced with Android, using the android app.
– Middle (or ctrl) clicking any tab icon opens just that tab.
– Clicking on an open tab icon jumps to that tab in a browser.
– Dragging a tab icon allows you to move tabs between windows, including to and from saved windows that are not currently open.
– Secure login using your Google account, with the option to logout on the TabCloud menu.
– Click on any windows name to rename at any time.
Going further, extension has some awesome features planned which would include:
– Realtime synchronisation and auto saving
– Some kind of passphrase/PIN based security/encryption
– Optionally use bookmarks to save tabs instead of external service
– Overwrite previously saved windows to update them
– Hold shift to copy tabs or open them in the background
The extension is open source, if you are a developer, go ahead and check it out at http://github.com/Connorhd/TabCloud