Google has come a long way in the Android, and the idea of cloud sync for contacts, emails, etc is very appreciated.
But everytime it comes to syncing Music, videos, Photos, other media, there is literally no slot for that. Markspace has stepped in with an Android version of The Missing Sync to make Android syncing work a little more smoothly, filling in the missing sync – with iTunes, just like iPhone.
The Missing Sync does all that you can think of. It syncs contacts from various address books – including Apple’s Address Book, Microsoft Exchange, and Entourage, enough to keep just any one happy.
So here is the summary:
- Automatically converts movies for playback on your device, then transfers them
- Photo syncing on both Mac and PC, with iPhoto support
- Lets you sync your Android phone with iTunes
- Contact sync with Exchange, Address Book, and Entourage.
- Document Syncing
- Ringtone Creation and Syncing
- Podcast subscription support
And the good part, 95% of the stuff works on all of the Android devices out there. (They’re having certain issues getting contact sync to work on Android 2.0)
In the coming weeks, Markspace will be adding Calendar, To-Do list, Notes, and Bookmark syncing, along with fancy features like SMS backup and wireless, proximity-based syncing. Which will be a free upgrade for existing customers. but wait a minute, it’ll cost you a hefty $40. Though price is set high, I guess it’s all worth it if you find yourself addicted to syncing.