Twitter is bountiful, every single second Millions of people indulge to create information equivalent to what was produced in a month, a decade back. Apparently, the information is enough for any single person to get crazy over. So what is the way out? Filters, follows, commands, searches, tags, lists.
Probably, you have come across each one of them. And a question dangles in your mind – “Wait a minute, what are those commands, you referred to”?
These commands are pretty easy to grasp. e.g. commands like Whois, stats, track, follow are self-explanatory.
The most important ones that you might find useful in your daily addictive-life:
Note: All these commands are case-insensitive.
- FOLLOW username: You can follow a user directly with this command
- LEAVE username: Stop following a specific user and SMS notifications.
- WHOIS username: Get User’s short Bio.
- STATS: Some basic stats like no. of followers, following.
- SET LOCATION placename: Sets your current location. (the new Geolocation feature) e.g. SET LOCATION
- d username + message: Sends a person a private message, better known as Direct message.
- GET username: Gives out all the Latest tweets for that user
- STATS : Some basic stats like no. of followers, following.
- TRACK term/ UNTRACK term/ UNTRACK all: Subscribe/Unsubscribe to tweets containing term regardless who posted it.
- TRACK: Ask twitter to return a list of all currently tracked terms.
- ON username: Turn ON notifications for a specific Twitter User.
- OFF username: turns off notifications for specified user.
- OFF, STOP, QUIT or Unsubscribe – Turn Off all Notifications
And Of course there’s one more command that each one of you have have already used.. RT username. The command was added pretty late by Twitter, but I guess users are smarter.