Unlockers breathe a sigh of relief as a new version of Sn0wbreeze 2.3 becomes available that supports Ultrasn0w unlock for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS (old basebands only) running the latest iOS 4.3 firmware.
- Sn0wbreeze is a Tethered Jailbreak for iOS 4.3 iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- Sn0wbreeze 2.3b4 supports Ultrasn0w unlock for basebands (01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00)
- Ultrasn0w is NOT compatible with the following basebands! (02.10.04 / 03.10.01 / 04.10.01 / 05.14.02 / 05.15.04) You can Unlock iPhone 4 2.10.04 3.10.01 baseband using Gevey SIM.
- Upgrading your 3GS baseband to the 06.15.00 iPad baseband hack to unlock MAY cause you to lose your GPS
How to Unlock iOS 4.3 iPHone 4, iPhone 3GS
For iPhone 3GS Only:Update iPhone 3GS to 06.15.00 Baseband for Unlock:
Ultrasn0w 1.2 unlocking requires that your iPhone 3GS is jailbroken with 06.15.00 baseband. You can use PWnageTool or Redsn0w to update your iPhone 3GS baseband to 06.15.00 and jailbreak it on iOS 4.1 / 4.2.1 before proceeding with the following steps.
1. First off Jailbreak iOS 4.3 iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch, iPad with sn0wbreeze 2.3b4.
2: Once you have jailbroken your device, you can install Ultrasn0w 1.2 from Cydia by adding “http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com” to sources.
Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
3. Install Ultrasn0w and restart your iPhone and boom! your iPhone 4, 3GS is unlocked on iOS 4.3