The real credit for making it possible to have 720p HD video recording on Nexus One goes to Charan Singh. He worked with Cyanogen to get it to work on Nexus One Froyo.
So in order to get 720p video on your nexus on,e you will have to have to have CyanogenMod 6.x with froyo radio. Apart fromt his, there are plenty of goodness embedded in CyanogenMod that is worth checking out.
Few key Improvements over stock Froyo:
- Enhanced UI Tweeks, hacks
- Inbuilt Root, secure Super User access.
- Deskclock extra settings
- ADWLauncher 1.0.1 – A highly Themeable/customizable launcher, Themable user interface elements
- Music app enhancements
- Phone mod V.30, WyContacts 1.2
- MMS enhancements, Improved RTL text rendering
- FLAC playback support
- Lockscreen enhancements
- Long-press home options
- Modify Homescreen icons layout, rotation.
- OpenVPN support
- Browser incognito mode
- Customize notification LED colors, frequency
- JIT toggle, configurable heapsize, compcache support
- Adjustable haptic feedback –
- Notification area hacks : Colors, Battery percentage display, Signal dbm display
- Trackball wake, trackball unlock, menu unlock
- Surfaceflinger night mode and effects – Jeff Sharkey, widget
- Reflow webviews on pinch option
- Enhanced accelerometer settings
- Browser fullscreen mode and other enhancements
- Long press volume buttons to skip songs
- Accelerated ARMv7 JPEG decoding, Skia acceleration on ARMv7
- Bluetooth HID support – Erin Yueh @ 0xlab
- Mouse pointer support
- Install apps to SD, move anytime.
- Dual camera support
- Lockscreen music controls – Kmobs
- Audio DSP support (equalizer, virtual room, compressor effects)
- N1: True 720P encoding support
- + more..
How to Install CyanoGenMod On Nexus One
Warning: This voids your warranty
For First timers
Note: You can checkout CyanogenMod Wiki for detailed, step-by-step installation instructions. Below instructions are for experienced users. It shouldn’t be hard at all, you can ask questions @taranfx in case you get stuck somewhere.
1. Unlock your bootloader/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager or Amon_RA’s recovery image
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. Update your radio if necessary
5. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon
Upgrading from previous CyanogenMod
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)
– Downloads –
- CyanoGenMod 6.0.0-N1-RC3 Download | Mirror
- Google Addon: HDPI-20100814 Download | Mirror
- Radio Firmware: 4.0.6.00.12_7 (froyo radio) Download
Enjoy True 720p Video recording on your NExus One plus bunch of other features.