Ever wanted to carry your PC in a USB dongle? What if a single USB dongle plugs into any display and makes it a complete Android HTPC?
Well, Cotton candy has brought the Android experience to a USB sized dongle that has an HDMI out which can be fed into HDTV to make a perfect Google TV, or Android HTPC.
Related: Dual core Android PC in USB.
Its way more affordable than dual core Cotton candy i.e. Priced at $74 vs $199 of Cotton candy and is already on sale via AliExpress for the Model MK802 PC.
Android HTPC MK802 Specs:
- CPU: Single core 1.5GHz Allwinner A10 ARM Cortex-A8 processor
- RAM:and 512MB of RAM
- Graphics: 2D/ 3D/ OpenGL ES2.0(AMD Z430)/ OpenVG1.1(AMD Z160) 27M Tri/sec
- 4GB of storage, Expandable memory Micro TF 2-32GB
- Android 4.0 ICS
- HDMI Output: 1080p HD Video, 2160P
- USB, Micro-usb port
- Wifi 802.11b/g
- Video support: WMV/ASF/MP4/3GP/3G2M4V/AVI/MJPEG/RV10/DivX/VC-1/MPEG-2/MPEG-4/H.263/H.264/1280*720P HD 30 fps, 1080P/720*480 D1 30fps
- Weight: 7oz. / 0.2kg
FXI’s version, packs a dual-core 1.2-GHz Samsung Exynos processor. The MK802 is slightly bulkier (3.5 inches vs. 3.1), but that Android logo on the front does wonders for its design, but we hope you won’t mind that extra dimension for that price.
Unlike Raspberry Pi, which allows direct connection to an HDTV via HDMI, the MK802 does have a HDMI connector. Impressively, MK802 outputs 1080p HD video playback in a variety of formats including MP4, AVI and others and supports Flash and HTML5.
At 7 Oz, it’s certainly the lightest PC of all time, we’re certainly impressed by its capabilities despite its price and size. It can Run full Chrome Browser, Plays videos & music, Android apps, Games.