The much needed update for Android Market is here, with UI overhaul to its Market Client.
Over the next two weeks, Google will be rolling out a new Android Market client to all devices running Android 1.6 or higher.
The new Market client introduces important features that improve merchandising of applications, streamline the browse-to-purchase experience, and make it easier for developers to distribute their applications.
New Features of the Android Market
- The major overhaul brings a new carousel on the home and category screens.
- New categories in Marketplace for Widgets and Live Wallpapers. Existing ones will automatically tagged with these categories. Plus more new categories, soon.
- The app details page now includes Related content, which makes it easier for users to quickly find apps of similar interest.
- Users can now access all the information about an application on a single page without the need to navigate across different tabs.
- Application content rating to provide users with more information about applications they are interested in.
- Refund window on Market is reduced to 15 minutes, helping the developers.
- Support for device targeting based on screen sizes and densities, as well as on GL texture compression formats.
- Maximum size for .apk files on Market raised to 50MB
Unlike previous Market, the New Market will get continuous new features, as the time flies. More announcements in coming few weeks. Stay Tuned @taranfx.