So Kindle Fire runs on Android 2.3.3 and wait you can’t have Android Market on it? It’s android, its meant to be open, so if someone is greedy enough to lock it down, there are hackers to open it up back again.
Even though Amazon released the source code for the Fire, rooted, android market is not officially supported.
How to Install android Market on Kindle Fire
Expert level: High / Medium-High
- Root your Kindle Fire.
- Android SDK & working knowledge.
- GoogleServicesFramework.apk (Download Link)
- Vending.apk (Download Link)
- Root Explorer App (Download Link) While this app is $3.99, you may try to find an alternative, as long as it allows you to change read only/read-write permissions.
- Go Launcher EX (Download Link)
Step 1. On your Kindle Fire, navigate to Settings > Device and switch on “Allow Installation of Application From Unknown Sources” .
Step 2. Verification: At this point your Kindle should be detected when you run “./adb devices” on terminal / command prompt. You can skip this.
Step 3. Now we are all set to install the Android market:
- Transfer the two .apk files you have downloaded earlier and place them somewhere on your Kindle Fire. You can use “./adb push <filename>.apk /sdcard”
- Run Root Explorer and find the .apk files on your Kindle
- Choose and install the GoogleServiceFramework.apk
- Once completed, long-press on the Vending.apk until a small popup window appears, then choose Move. Navigate to System > App. RO (Read-only) will be selected here; change this option to RW (Read-write)
- Paste the Vending.apk in this folder
- Long-press on the Vending.apk until a small popup window appears, then choose Permissions
- Modify the permissions so they are identical to the other apps in the same folder (RW-R-R)
Step 4.Reboot & get ready for installation of 3rd party launcher:
- Transfer the Go Launcher .apk to your somewhere on your Kindle Fire hint: use “adb push”
- Run Root Explorer and find the .apk file on your Kindle
- Choose and install Go Launcher
- Press the Home button, select the Go Launcher program
- Congratulations! The Android Market is now on your Kindle Fire.
Explore and enjoy apps form Android Market.