We’ve now put together the full list of highlights from the WWDC presentation, which you’ll find after the break. iOS 5 will be made available this fall, with compatibility promised for the iPhone 4 and 3GS, iPad 1 and 2, and iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation.
iOS 5 gets 200 new features, here are the Top 10 Features of iOS5 or take the video preview:
1. Non-obstructive Notifications Finally. A new Notification Center aggregates all your notifications into one and is accessible by pulling down a menu from the top of the screen. Yes, its just like Android. Notifications are also making their way onto the lockscreen, where swiping across a text message takes you right into it. A lot like Samsung’s touchwiz UI.
2. Newsstand: A new place to house all your magazine and newspaper subscriptions.
3. Deep Twitter Integration: Now you can use Twitter account to signin to all your apps just like you use google account on android. This includes the Camera and Photos app.
4. Safari Improvements iOS safari on iPad gets tabbed browsing, like honeycomb. Safari also gets a “reader” extension that strips the nuisance from page. Also added to the iOS browser is a Reading List, which does what the name suggests by accumulating a list of pages you want to read later. Accessible on multiple devices.
5. Reminders is just like iCal on Mac os x, which popsup alerts. Its fully location aware and can trigger location based alerts. It’ll sync across devices and with your calendar.
6. More Camera features: A new camera button right on your lockscreen for quick photos. Also you can use the volume-up button to shoot a photo. Pinch-to-zoom, while holding your finger down on a particular area will lock down exposure to optimize the shot for its particular lighting. Couple of other effects and in-app editing for photos like cropping, rotation, red-eye reduction, and a one-click enhance option.
7. New Keyboard: A new split keyboard has also been shown off in iOS 5, blows away Windows 8.
8. PC-less: Finally apple realises it’s a pain to use smartphone, Tablet with a PC. You no longer need a PC/Mac to use iPHone, iPod or iPad.
Goodbye to cable syncing, all Wifi based syncing with iTunes, cloud. Over-the-air software updates — Wireless syncing & OTA software updates
9. iMessage: It’s a messaging service exclusively for iOS users, which comes with delivery and read receipts, an indicator for when the other party is typing, and the ability to push messages to all your devices. Just like BBM. You’ll be able to send messages, photos, videos, and contacts. Group messaging will also be available. It works over either WiFi or 3G and looks to be making good use of Apple’s new push notifications.
10. iCloud: All the Cloud features of Android world are now in iOS: Cloud music, contacts, calendar, email, all of them are automatically synced among the devices using same account, even the apps.
Availability: iOS 5 will ship in the fall to the following devices: iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, iPad 1 and 2, and iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation.