iPhone DevTeam has come up with Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 4.3.1 with Redsn0w 0.9.6RC9, PwnageTool.
Jailbreak works for:
- iPhone 4,
- iPhone 3GS,
- iPad (1st-gen) and
- iPod touch 3G/4G
What doesn’t work:
- iPad 2
This untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.1 is based on an exploit found by iPhone security expert and hacker Stefan Esser.
iOS 4.3.1 was originally jailbroken using PwnageTool (on Mac) and Sn0wbreeze (on Windows) but had tethered boot only.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC9 for Windows
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC9 for Mac
- iTunes 10.2.1
- iOS 4.3.1 for your Device.
Warning for Unlockers: Unlockers MUST STAY AWAY from Redsn0w and stock iOS 4.3.1 firmware. You should use PwnageTool instead to prevent locks. You can use this guide for PwnageTool method (download pwnage tool 4.3), upto Step 7 (Phase IV). Its very easy and straight forward. Then use Ultrasn0w 1.2 to unlock.
How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
1. Update/Restore to iOS 4.3.1 firmware using the IPSW firmware via iTunes 10.2.1.
2. Start Redsn0w and locate the official iOS 4.3.1 firmware file. On the screen, select “Install Cydia” and click “Next”. Optionally (if available), you can also select any other option you like.
3. Turn off your device and connect via USB to your computer. And follow the onscreen instructions to enter the DFU mode:
Hold “Power” button and then while holding the “Power” button, you will now have to hold “Home” button too. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button until installation begins.
4. Relax while Redsn0w does its magic. Once done, your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will restart automatically and you will find it fully jailbroken (untethered) on the latest iOS 4.3.1 firmware.