You can now retain your access to PSN Network, thanks to the work from the Rebug team. Folks at Rebug team have released Playstation 3 v3.56 spoofer that prevents your PS3 to be automatically updated to v3.56 firmware.
Note from the Rebug Team:
3.56 Version Spoofer does exactly what it says and can restore back to 3.55 if needed. It was never intended to allow PSN access but to stop the system from updating to 3.56. Once the PS3 is spoofed it will stay spoofed until it is uninstalled.
Press CROSS to INSTALL 3.56 Version Spoof (the status will change after 15 – 45 seconds telling you to reboot)
Press CIRCLE to UNINSTALL 3.56 Version Spoof (the status will change after 15 – 45 seconds telling you to reboot)
REbug team claims that PSN access is not present but ARVI at PSX-SCENE has come up with a way to use this with KMEAW jailbrokencustom firmware 3.55 by spoofing it to 3.56, and keeping the access to PSN.
How to retain/regain access to PSN
Works perfect on KMEAW 3.55 (Only tested on Kmeaw 3.55)
- lv2 Patcher needed until 3.56 spoof is supported in the game managers.
- PSN Enabled with F*CK PSN.
1. Start machine and install 3.56_Version_Spoofer.PKG (Dont run anything else first)
2. Goto Playstation3 folder in the Game menu & Run Installed PKG “3.56 Version Spoofer”
3. Once loaded Press x to install.
4. When the program prompts for a reboot, power of the machine without quitting back to the XMB.
5. Power on the PS3. (System now spoofed to 3.56, check System info to clarify)
6. Run F*CK PSN on PC/Laptop (Download & install F*CK PSN on PC/Laptop, point PS3 DNS 1 to Computer running F*CK PSN, point DNS 2 to your router or 1 of youre ISP’s dns servers)
7. Sign-in to PSN
8. If loading games from a manager, Install lv2.pkg then Run LV2 Patcher from the Playstation3 folder in the Game menu (needs to be run every time before loading game fom a manager until support is enabled by the devs)
9. Run Game from disc or Game manager and enjoy online game play.
TO REMOVE 3.56 SPOOFER
1. Restart PS3 (Dont run anything else first)
2. Go to Playstation3 folder in the Game menu & Run Installed PKG “3.56 Version Spoofer”
3. Once loaded Press O to Uninstall.
4. When the program prompts for a reeboot, power of the machine without quiting back to the XMB.
5. Power on the PS3. (System now back to 3.55, check system info to clarify)
Important: Try the above at your own risk.