We’ve shown you how to Install Mac OS 10.7 Lion on PC, and lots of Mac OSX Snow Leopard on PC Guides now its turn to create a virtual machine instance that runs OSX 10.6.6 on VMWARE Workstation on Windows PC.
Why 10.6.6? Apple introduced Mac App Store, a versatile store for Mac apps, so if you wish to try them out, here’s your easiest bet!
Summary for Snow Leopard 10.6.6 VMware : We’ll download a pre-configured Vmware image for OSX 10.6.6 and then upgrade it to 10.7 Lion.
Pre-requisites / Downloads
- VMware Workstation 7
- Hardware Virtualization support
- Mac OSX 10.6.6 Vmware Image
Running Mac OSX 10.6.6 in VMWare Workstation
This would be pretty easy if you are not new to Vmware and Hackintosh installations. Its pretty straightforward, most of the stuff is already in-place.
- Launch VMWare Worksation and Select “Open Existing VM or Team”
- Unzip downloaded file and Browse and Select MacOs10.6.6 (If it asks you to “Take Ownership”, do so.)
- For the first Run, do not change settings, just Power on the virtual machine.
- Select “Moved it” if you get a prompt about virtual machine files.
- At run time, you would see the empire EFI screen, click on the screen so that you are “In” the virtual machine and Press F5.
- Using your arrow pad, hit the “Left” arrow to chose the “mac” named hard drive.
- On arrow pad again, hit the “Down” arrow. Go down once more to the “Boot Verbose” option.
- On the bottom of Mac desktop, hit the gear looking icon (system preferences.) That should be easy to find even though its all russian.
- In the top category select the thing that looks like a flag. Click and drag English to the top.
- Go to next tab and chose the top two tabs to “U.S. English” and “English (United States).” or any other language you are comfortable with. When done, log out. On next login it will ask you password. Just hit enter, there’s no password set.
- That’s’ all you are now running Mac OSX in Vmware.
- You can configure settings for your virtual machine on next boot. Play around with RAM and Video RAM settings.
What’s Next: Install Mac OSX Lion 10.7 on VMware workstation, stand by.